Sunday, April 25, 2010

Setting up a 3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 4924

The monster-> 3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 4924









For the initial switch setting up I used a workstation with terminal emulation software (Microsoft Hyperterminal) to connect to the console port of the Switch directly.



I connected directly to the console port using a standard null modem cable to the COM1 port on my workstation.



Adding the following properties to establish the connection... That is to say the default settings for the Switch.



Entering the credentials...



Sucessfull login :-)



Actually I also included this snapshot because the login prompt did not begin immediately, I pressed Return Carriage (RC) a few times before it started... Connection time is highlighted into red at the bottom on the left.



I selected the option gettingStarted


And that is all for this series! I just logged out :-).

No comments: