Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Is there a difference between managers and leaders?
- Managers are tasks focus
- Leadership is about encouraging people following a vision
The higher you are in your hierarchy the less technical skills (finance IFRS, software development...) you need and the more soft skills you need to learn. Soft skills are conceptual (design, overview...) and human.
Human skills are:
- Personal honesty and integrity
- Building commitment and confidence
- Keen interest in a long term development of others (human capital)
- Work of CEO: Make every other jobs possible
- Capacity to manage their emotions
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision to others
The whole idea of leadership is to have a sustainable success.